I added an AjaxToolkit:AutoCompleteExtender to my ASP.Net 3.5 application. The web service lives in the same web application. Now I am getting this error when I hit F5/Debug in VS2008, and backing out the changes step-by-step so far have not revealed the cause yet.

I can't seem to get rid of the error. While the application starts up and I don't notice any issues once it is running.

BindingFailure was detected
Message: The assembly with display name 'VJSharpCodeProvider' failed to load in 
 the 'LoadFrom' binding context of the AppDomain with ID 4. The cause of the
 failure was:
 System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 
'VJSharpCodeProvider, Version=, Culture=neutral, 
 PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system 
 cannot find the file specified.
 File name: 'VJSharpCodeProvider, Version=, Culture=neutral,

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = VJSharpCodeProvider, Version=, Culture=neutral,
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\
LOG: Post-policy reference: VJSharpCodeProvider, Version=, 
  Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a/VJSharpCodeProvider.DLL.
+1  A: 

So I think that this is a non-issue. The exception probably gets thrown all the time, but I had turned on "Break when an Exception is thrown" in Debug/Exceptions for all types there, to diagnose an unrelated problem. Since I unchecked the check boxes to their default state, I no longer see the binding problem.


We got this a few times here at work. Here's what we found.

Thanks - I did come across this post while I researched this error message.